Hi All! I got kind of used to keeping a blog while i was in Rome earlier this year so I figured this one could serve the same purpose for while I'm in London getting my Masters *fingers crossed*. Read away :) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
sorry... but no.. i'm not mistaken... this post vanished baby -->
"Saturday, October 01, 2005 studyyy
Haven't had much time to update lately, since school has kicked in, and kicked in hard! I had my first week of lectures this week and my time since then had mostly been reading and studying for the lectures next week....the lectures here basically take the form of seminars, so for every lecture you are expected to go in having read enough on the topic in question and being able to talk about it in detail and give your input should they randomly pick you. It's hard work, made harder by the fact that I'm now a little out of practice when it comes to reading academically like I used to, even with just a year off, but I'm slowly getting back into the gist of things and I'm getting along. I managed to get quite a lot done yesterday, despite the fire alarm going off halfway through at about 10 in the evening....having had no experience of a fire alarm before I ran arund like a confused pigeon for a while until I grabbed a sweater and my bag, locked my room and ran out. I remembered the times I was asked what objects I would save in a fire, and I realised that in an actual situation you reaaallly dont have time to think about it! Anyway it turned out to be nothing, we were outside the building for a couple of minutes in the freezing cold (with my very trendy slippers) and listening to the very very VERY loud alarm, and after a while we could all go back to our rooms where I resumed studying. I'm hoping to get as much done this week as possible so that I will have more free time on my hands when stef comes to visit me next week (:D:D:D:D)
Going to continue working now...finally have a scheduled break tonight, a couple of people here are going to come over tonight and we're going to order chinese food from this really yummy and inexpensive restaurant... till then I'm better continue.
4 Comments:
we should play again ;o)
am i mistaken or has a post vanished from here?
you're mistaken ;)
sorry... but no.. i'm not mistaken... this post vanished baby -->
"Saturday, October 01, 2005
studyyy
Haven't had much time to update lately, since school has kicked in, and kicked in hard! I had my first week of lectures this week and my time since then had mostly been reading and studying for the lectures next week....the lectures here basically take the form of seminars, so for every lecture you are expected to go in having read enough on the topic in question and being able to talk about it in detail and give your input should they randomly pick you. It's hard work, made harder by the fact that I'm now a little out of practice when it comes to reading academically like I used to, even with just a year off, but I'm slowly getting back into the gist of things and I'm getting along. I managed to get quite a lot done yesterday, despite the fire alarm going off halfway through at about 10 in the evening....having had no experience of a fire alarm before I ran arund like a confused pigeon for a while until I grabbed a sweater and my bag, locked my room and ran out. I remembered the times I was asked what objects I would save in a fire, and I realised that in an actual situation you reaaallly dont have time to think about it! Anyway it turned out to be nothing, we were outside the building for a couple of minutes in the freezing cold (with my very trendy slippers) and listening to the very very VERY loud alarm, and after a while we could all go back to our rooms where I resumed studying. I'm hoping to get as much done this week as possible so that I will have more free time on my hands when stef comes to visit me next week (:D:D:D:D)
Going to continue working now...finally have a scheduled break tonight, a couple of people here are going to come over tonight and we're going to order chinese food from this really yummy and inexpensive restaurant... till then I'm better continue.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
posted by Shazzy :) @ 7:50 AM 0 comments"
you're right :( Don't know how that happened and it isn't even there in my blog listings...thanks for posting it again :):)
Post a Comment
<< Home