Arrived!
Finally here! After a night of not sleeping (I have been awake now for 33 hours and counting...)am finally here and settled in. I was a nervous wreck on the plane, then when we arrived we were taken round and round Heathrow airport for security reasons (?), then I had a battle to get all my luggage from Terminal 4 to Terminal 3....so much fun! Eventually located the people I had to meet and was take to campus and shown to my accomodation, where I finally chilled.. I liked my room alot and unpacked and settled in wthout any hassle. I managed to get my internet up and running, unpacked, and went round the campus to get a couple of essential things from the campus shop and get myself acquainted with the place (I'm an efficient girlie me :) I seem to be sharing accomodation with international girls, so far I've met three....neesha who I think is Indian but is a little older (at least she seems to be), Des from Canada who I have to meet in about 5 mins, and a greek girl in the room across from me whose name I honestly forgot. In all honesty all i feel like ding tonight is sleeping, everything has been a little bit hectic and I have't really stopped, but all the International students are meant to meet up tonight, so we meet people who are in the same boat as us so to speak...they're meant to go on to this welcome party at their disco afterwards, imma issa we see how long I cope before I zonk out! That will be a good start to the year I think.....anyway, here's to meeting some decent people tonight (and to remembering names, cos I've already forgotten 80% of those that introduced themselves to me!!!!!)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home